Tuesday, July 1, 2014

How to play your inner music ?

Image Source 
I took a music CD in my hands and looked at it with new eyes. And something beautiful revealed itself to me. This what I would like to share with you in this text.

A simple meditation

It is a beautiful meditation to consider usual objects with wonder as if it is the first time you discover them. Eckhart Tolle invites us to practice this simple meditation : see ordinary objects with new eyes. It is a valuable meditation since you are more aware during these moments of fresh look. You act less like a robot and more like a human baby discovering and enjoying every thing in Life.
So, this afternoon,  I did this meditation with an ordinary music CD containing some spiritual songs ("amdah nabawya" or Sufi songs). I enjoyed the maroon color of the painted face of the CD. I admired the Arabic calligraphy of the singer's name, the simple and elegant geometric shapes decorating the center of the CD. I also surprised myself admiring the beauty and the brilliance of  signs and pictures which are usually meaningless to me and almost nobody pay any attention to them. Who read the "Patent" or "Intellectual Property" disclaimers ? But I really didn't read the text, I just looked and admired the shapes of the letters, the words, the logos, etc. Then I turned the CD in my hands and admired the mirror like surface ... Then the amazing following thought arises in my mind...

A simple thought

I know that a beautiful music is engraved on the surface of the CD. I can touch the surface. Then I realize my frustration : without a device to read the CD, I can't access this music. I can touch the CD, play with it, look at it, but without a specific reader, I can't enjoy the music encoded in the CD.
I made also the parallel with human being inner secret, what we call soul or spirit. The Quran has a beautiful term to designate the soul : it is "a breath of God's Own Soul" (و نفخت فيه من روحي) -Surat Sad 38, verse 72- In the inner of each human being there is a great secret, a beautiful song directly insufflated by the Creator itself ! But how can we access to this inner music ? how to uncover this profound secret melody ? Is there any device we can use to hear, to enjoy our inner music as there is electronic gadgets to read a music CD ?

The answer is Yes and this device is Meditation.

When you are in a state of meditation, you disappear as an ego. There is no hindrance to God to descend on you and play your inner music. Unless you are not, God can not play your music. When you are as an ego and you try to grasp this inner secret, you try to hear your inner music; in this very try, you miss. So the answer of the title of this article is : There is no way for us, as an ego, to play our own inner music. But God can do it ... through our meditation.

So don't be as an ego. Be a meditator. Be a hollow bamboo and God will play your inner music. Then you will enjoy witnessing God playing your own music. You will witness miracles happening through you without any act from you. You will enjoy be a harmonious part of this Existence. You will enjoy co creating with God. Nothing big. Nothing that Historians will bequeath to future generations ! No, you will witness very subtle but powerful changes in your own body/mind. In your family, your beloved ones, your environment ... Any thing will come across you, will be blessed by the music played by God through you. So relax. Don't be as an ego. Just be watchful. Be aware and Let the Entire Universe enjoy itself through you ... with you ...  In fact, the boundaries between you and the Universe will fade and disappear. You are One with the Universe. Even if this happen for brief moments, it is a tremendous experience to live. Seekers on the path like me an you are not permanent meditators. We are playing seek and hide with our own ego, our mind. Sometimes we lose ourselves in thinking, but sometimes we have the great opportunity just to be here and now, watching the unfold of our life situation before our eyes. In these moments of great blessing, we are one with the Universe. One with God. What a joy !

But these moments can be very subtle, very fleeting not permanent. And this why they are so valuable. Don't miss them. Just be patient and present, as much as you can. They will happen. Enjoy your inner music !

No comments:

Post a Comment